The application of castor oil externally has been well explored throughout history. A castor oil pack can increase circulation, improve lymphatic function, decrease inflammation (internally and externally) and promote the elimination of toxins and the healing of tissues.
- Undyed cotton towel or wool flannel of sufficient size to cover the abdomen
- A bottle of unrefined, cold pressed castor oil
- A hot water bottle or heating pad
- Fiber (Psyllium)
- Apply the castor oil over the abdomen (caution must be exercised; castor oil will stain clothes).
- Place the towel or wool flannel over the area of the abdomen where the castor oil has been applied.
- Apply a heating pad or hot water bottle, as warm as is comfortably bearable, on top of the towel or wool flannel. Apply a plastic water proof barrier between heating pad and castor oil towel.
- Place another towel on top of the heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Leave pack on for 20 minutes.
- After the pack is completed, wash the oil off with warm water and baking soda (1 tsp. to 1 pint of warm water)